A few of my favourite things: Homemade preserve labels
Oh I know – a few of my favourite thing – preserve labels??? WTF? But I really love preserves. And a preserve with a pretty label… well I just can’t turn it down. Plus these little babies make wonderful “thank you for having me for dinner gifts”, Christmas gifts, housewarming gifts… They also just look really awesome on your kitchen shelves. And this is super thrifty…
Here is what you need:
– ordinary white cartridge paper
– acrylic paint – colour of your choice
– fine paintbrush
– template for your letters – I just printed off the words from Word – but if you are looking for an interesting font there are loads available online
– masking tape or washi tape
2. Paint your design. You can vary the shade depending on how much water you mix with the paint.
3. I traced the outline of the font onto the painted paper. I am lucky enough to have a lightbox which makes this step a bit easier. But if you don’t have one of those, just hold the template and paper against a window.
4. Either paint or use a ball point pen to fill in the traced letters.
6. Stick your label to the jar with masking tape.